Pindi-Bahauddin (known as Purrani Pindi)
Its small town near to city Mandi-bahauddin. Now its almost part of city Mandi-bahauddin. According to the Report of 1868, in 1506 A. D. a Gondal Jat Chief Bahauddin established a settlement namely Pindi Bahauddin, after his migration from Pindi Shah Jahanian to this area. The town grew up in early 20th century near the ancient village [Chak No. 51], where Sikh, Hindu and Muslim businessmen and land owners came to settle. The town was named Mandi Bahauddin after establishment of grain market in the area. The district forms central portion of the Chaj Doab lying between Jhelum and Chenab rivers. By the edge of the River Jhelum at a short distance a village named Pindi Bahauddin is known to be situated by 1506 A.C. In the British rule in 1916 Pindi bahauddin Railway station was setup. It was a time when the British were Establishing and introducing modern and essential public use Equipments in their best Interest. Above mentioned Railway System was introduced and laid down to defend their Empire from the North. So it was called North Western Railway (NWR)
In all old documents, reports, magazines and news-papers of All-india, Muhamdun, Anglo, Oriental and Educational Conferences the name of Mandi-bahauddin is given as Pindi-bahauddin that became famous due to the efforts of Sufi Din Muhammad and his Press. Here published the famous books and magazines of famous scholars and poets of sub-continent And the first most published magazines of District Mandi-bahauddin and Gujrat was “Sufi-Rasaala”. THE Sufi was a magazine published from a remote corner of the Punjab, Pindi Bahauddin, a village close to Mandi Bahauddin.
The magazine Sufistarted publication in 1909 from Pindi Bahauddin by Maulvi Muhammaduddin Awan who was born and educated in the Jalapur Jattan, area of tehsil Gujrat. The editor-proprietor of this once prestigious magazine of the subcontinent
Before Pakistan, here used to live Hindo and Sikh and there are still many old buildings of that time. There are also rests of one Gourdoara.
Now this town is just one part of City Mandi-bahauddin and is famous as Pindi-bahauddin.